The Proserv open communication hub (OCH) provides a flexible communication, power distribution and integration solution for both green and brownfield systems alike. Combined with a flexible range of mounting options the OCH can be readily retrofitted into existing subsea systems.
For brownfields retrofitting new instrumentation or providing a field extension to an existing installation has always been a difficult process, until now. Incorporating the Proserv open communications controller (OCC/OCX) technologies enables all the benefits of separate or coexist powerline communications to deliver fully transparent communications for subsea controls and instrumentation.
The OCH uses Proserv’s OCC/OCX powerline communications technologies to support high-speed data control and monitoring integration, for example subsea multiphase flow meters and control modules. Additionally, the powerline communications may be combined with fibre optic communications to provide hybrid solutions.
The OCH works with all major trees and control systems to create a transparent communication system.
- Allows fully transparent communications to subsea
- Expands existing subsea network beyond current limitations
- Can be retrofitted to an existing production system or new developments
- Multiple interfaces – ethernet, serial, IWIS, SIIS
- Fully redundant with dual canisters
- Can be daisy-chained to another OCH hub
- Integrated web server which allows full configuration and diagnostics of the communications using any standard browser
- Provision to connect up to 6 different devices that can use different protocols
- Power and communication distribution for subsea control modules e.g. fibre and high voltage power in, and powerline multidrop distribution out
- Multi-phase flow metering
- Water cut meter
- Environmental monitoring
- Leakage detection
- Subsea video monitoring
- Condition/vibration monitoring
- Riser/spool monitoring (inc. data logger)
- Corrosion monitoring (with partners)
- Sand monitoring (with partners)